Organization: University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
Bachelor and Master studies completed at Faculty of Economics, University of Novi Sad, study program: Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness. Master’s Thesis entitled “Serbian Agriculture in International Economic Integration” defended in 2013. PhD studies completed at Faculty of Economics, University of Novi Sad, study program: Economics – module: Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness. PhD Thesis entitled “Liberalization of Trade and Intensification of Exchange of Agri-food Products of the Western Balkan Countries in the Process of Accession to the European Union” defended in 2019.
Since 2012 he has been employed at the Faculty of Economics, University of Novi Sad, at the Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness. His scientific field is agricultural economics. His main fields of interests are: Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Development and Policy, Rural Development and Policy and Agri-food Trade.
Most recent projects:
Erasmus+ Implementation of Dual Education in Higher Education in Serbia (DualEdu) (586029-EPP-1-2017-1-RS-EPPKA2-CBHE-SP) From 2017 to 2020
Erasmus+ Professional Development of Vocational Education Teachers with European Practices (PRO-VET) (598698-EPP-1-2018-1-FI-EPPКА2-CBHE-JP) From 2018 to 2021
Erasmus+ Dual Education for Industrial Automatization and Robotics in Kazakhstan (DIARKAZ) (609757-EPP-1-2019-1-RS-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP) From 2020 to 2023
Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development in terms of the Republic of Serbia strategic goals implementation within Danube region, project of the Ministry of Education and Science, Republic of Serbia, No. 46006, From 2015 to 2020
Network building in the field of competitiveness of agri-food sector of Serbia and EU countries (AgriNET), project of the Science Fund of the Republic of Serbia.
- Matkovski B., Zekić S., Jurjević Ž., Đokić D. (2021). The agribusiness sector as a regional export opportunity: evidence of the Vojvodina region. International Journal of Emerging Markets, ahead-of-print ISSN: 1746-8809 DOI: 10.1108/IJOEM-05-2020-0560
- Matkovski B., Đokić D., Zekić S., Jurjević Ž. (2020). Determining Food Security in Crisis Conditions: A Comparative Analysis of the Western Balkans and the EU. Sustainability, 12(23), 9924 ISSN: 2071-1050, DOI: 10.3390/su12239924
- Matkovski B., Kalaš B., Zekić S., Jeremić M. (2019). Agri-food Competitiveness in South East Europe. Outlook on Agriculture. 48(4), 326-335. ISSN: 0030-7270 DOI:10.1177/0030727019854770
- Jeremić M., Zekić S., Matkovski B., Kleut Ž. (2019). Spatial price transmission in pork market in Serbia. Custos e agronegocio, 15(2), 328-346. ISSN: 1808-2882
- Zekić S., Kleut Ž., Matkovski B., Đokić D. (2018). Determining agricultural impact on environment: Evidence for EU-28 and Serbia. Outlook on Agriculture, 47(2), 116-124. ISSN: 0030-7270 DOI: 10.1177/0030727018768016
- Matkovski B., Zekić S., Savić M., Radovanov B. (2018). Trade of agri-food products in the EU enlargement process: Evidence from the Southeastern Europe. Agricultural Economics – Zemědělská ekonomika. 64(8), 357-366. ISSN: 0139-570X (Print) 1805-9295 (Online), DOI: 10.17221/134/2017-AGRICECON
- Matkovski B., Radovanov B., Zekić S. (2018). The Effects of Foreign Agri-food trade Liberalization in South East Europe. Economcky casopis. 66(9), 945-966. ISSN: 0013-3035